I adore books with a smart heroine.
The girl who hacks into an FBI database or puzzles her way out of a complicated set-up. Mostly they are portrayed as a bit (ok.. a lot) geeky, socially awkward, shy and – of course! – secretly beautiful. But they can use brainpower and save the day. Extra points when they also save the hero.
Smart is sexy!
Some of my favorite smart heroines are:
1. Lexi Carmichael – Lexi Carmichael Mysteries by Julie Moffett.
2. Janie Morris – Neanderthal seeks Human et all (Knitting in the City) by Penny Reid
3. Kaitlyn Parker – Elements of Chemistry-series by Penny Reid
4. Mia Connors – A Geek Girl’s Guide to… by Julie Anne Lindsey
5. Annie Cantrel – The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby #1) by Penny Reid
Gah, you can see I am a fan of Penny Reid 🙂
There must be so many other smart, brainy, lovely heroines out there.
Do you have a favorite or favorites?
Let us know!