Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don’t call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don’t stare at hot boss’s, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don’t get on the malicious first assistant’s bad side.
4. Don’t forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don’t break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
I really fancied this book, it made me gleeful and sorrowful. I found myself snicking out loud while read this story at work and I caught more than one funny look from my coworkers. I really thought I had this book completely figured but boy was I wrong! I adore being pleasantly surprised by a book like I was by this one. I can’t wait to read more work by Jennifer!
I found a few issues with the time line in the beginning, which is why I had to kick it down one star.